4261 Business Drive, Cameron Park, CA 95682
JOB TITLE: CNC Vertical Mill Operator: Level 2
STATUS: Full Time/ Day & Night shift available
Snowline Engineering (www.snowlineengineering.com) is a state of the art manufacturing facility located in the Sierra Foothills of Northern California specializing in a total manufacturing solution. Our company’s objective is to provide our customers with diversity in precision machining, precision sheet metal, light to medium fabrication, and turnkey assemblies.
Set-up and operate metal cutting machine tools and operate a variety of manual and CNC machines including mills and lathes. Will be responsible for properly placing work piece in the machines and completing the operations specified on the job travelers. Must be capable of interpreting blueprints and part specifications to select the correct material, tools, and fabrication processes. Must be familiar with G-code programming formats. Should have a good working knowledge of inspection equipment and be capable of selecting the proper inspection tool to verify product conformity to specifications. Working knowledge of programming techniques both at the machine control and via CAD/CAM software. Will assist in the mentoring of lower level machinists.
Skill Level Knowledge Requirements:
- Capable of reading and understanding blue prints, drawings, sketches, specifications, manuals or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece.
- Determine the sequence of operations and setup requirements to built work piece to specifications.
- Working knowledge of processes and needed parameters for the efficient machining of materials including proper speeds, feeds, depth and angle of cuts.
- Working knowledge of the machining characteristics of ferrous metals, (Steel, Stainless Steel, Titanium, Inconel, Hastalloy etc.) non- ferrous metals (Aluminum, Copper, Brass, etc) and plastics (Delrin, ABS, PVC, Polyproplyene etc)
- Capable of generating CNC programs and interpreting and editing programs using standard G-code formats.
Skill Level Demonstrated Operations Skills:
- Set-up and operation of machines for first article work piece and verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Set-up and operate manual machines and CNC machines for production.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Reads blue print and job traveler specifications to determine the proper tooling required to set up each operation.
- Builds fixtures as required to hold work piece.
- Observes operation of machine and verifies conformance of work piece to specifications using standard measuring tools.
- Modify programs as required to meet product conformity.
- Generate set-up sheets as required.
- Replace cutting tools as required to meet product conformity.
- Maintain statistical reporting.
- Retrieve and store programs to the database.
- Deburr work pieces as required.
- Clean parts as required.
Skill Level Quality Control:
- Conduct first article inspection.
- Perform needed inspection and set up inspection tools for production run work pieces.
- Create and maintain statistical reporting.
- Create inspection tooling and fixtures as required.
- Proficient use of CMM to qualify parts.
Education and Experience:
- 5 years of relevant experience working with CNC mills and lathes required.
- Good math skills.
- General mechanical skills.
- Basic familiarity with the use of hand tools.
- Basic blue print skills including knowledge of GD&T tolerances
- Solid programming skills using G-code format
- High school diploma or GED.
- Competitive Hourly Rate - Depends on Experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability and Life Insurance Plans
- 401K plan with Company Contribution
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays